7.23.2008
I made it
After 12 hours, 3 time zones, and 2500 miles of travel, I have arrived in Columbia, SC. It is pleasently hot and humid. I had heard horror stories of how hot and humid it gets but so far it is rather enjoyable... although i may take that back later. There are beautiful trees like palmetto and magnolia, as well as other neat plants. Some of the streets are brick and I think that is really neat too. The campus is stunningly beautiful. I got to my apartment with the help of my new friend Eric Scot. It is small and nice. It has tile floors so I need to go get a rug. It has nice closets and a desk and a bed and some other stuff. My bathroom is small too but I dont need much, so it will more than suffice. I have an oven and stove and sink and fridge, but I need a microwave and probably a coffee pot. I got my stuff put away and need to go get hangers. Next I saw my office. I cannot believe how big it is. I have a full-wall window that looks out onto the street through some pretty trees. I also have my own desk which is taller than me and a computer. I love my office. Last night, I went to Wild Wings with my boss, Heidi and her friend Carnnery. The food was good and the company was great. Country karaoke was going on, but I didnt get up and sing... No way. I came home and went to bed... i need to go get sheets and a pillow too :) Today has been great also. I walked around some of campus with Heidi and have been organizing my office. I think we will go to WalMart of something like that later. I also got a phone call from an NFPO that offered me a job. They told me to call them back when I am done with my master's. I was shocked. I am feeling very happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you made it Nayland!!! Sounds like you are doing great, you need to post some pictures of your new place and town (when you get your camara.. of course). Anyway, Good luck to you!!! B. North
Nayland, I think that your blog is going to be my favorite to read...I hope you don't mind. You always have the best stories. I hope you are enjoying SC. Best of luck to you from Dane and me.
Post a Comment