5.29.2008

What a deal!

I changed my plans about driving across the country for the big move. I decided to fly instead. So what does this mean? Well, I save a ton of money. The car was gonna be around $600 and I'd have to pay for gas and snacks and hotels if I decided not to sleep in a parking lot one night. I got the plane ticket for only $287, which is a steal compared to the 500-600's I was seeing in previous searches. Flying there also means that I have to really minimize what I take with me when I move. I am going to pack two big suitcases and check those. I can also carry on a small suitcase. I will take clothes, but will have to get rid of a lot and will have to get rid of some shoes too. I also want to take my paintings and posters that hang on my wall. I will take pictures and some important books. I will not take kitchen stuff, bed stuff, or any furniture. Instead I have to buy all new stuff when I get down to SC. I guess we will have a yard sale to try to make some mulah off the stuff I have to get rid of. Gotta sell the futon, bookshelf, end tables, dresser, TV, and other stuff. I also found out that I can ship my bike in a bike box for about $80. That seems pretty good. I am really excited about the concept of moving so far away and not having to break my bank account to do it.

1 comment:

joyous said...

Dude! Keep in mind you can also ship some things. If you send unbreakable things via media mail (just don't tell the post office it's not books or video), it's super-cheap to ship. I'm sure since you're in res life, there is an office that can take your stuff.